The OSC Gallery Vision
Goal: To present innovative programming
in all artistic disciplines, relevant to the rural, mainly aboriginal audience
of the Dehcho in order to create a dialogue between artists & audiences
in our region & those from across the NWT & Canada
The OSCS holds Core Values which guide & shape its activities:
• Personal expression that can be both spiritual andhealing for the
artist & can be a vehicle for self reliance.
• Support for personal and professional development through knowledge
sharing and communication inside and outside the arts community.
• Art is an important part of a healthy, balanced and dynamic cultures
• Respect traditions while taking into account current cultural realities.
• Integrity in our members, communities, & activities – (social,
historical, personal, and artistic integrity).
• Art records and preserves culture.
• Through programs, initiatives and acquisitions, we celebrate and emphasize
the cultural richness and diversity of our region
• Access to culture and the arts are necessary for arich and fulfilling
quality of life.
• Responsibility to perpetuate and encourage the culture and arts of
indigenous artists and practitioners.
• Support for the appreciation and practice of the arts by people throughout
*photo by D. Haggarty